Provide comprehensive and compassionate patient care.
▪ Assess patient health status including state of wellness, adherence to care plan, and determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
▪ Provide acute and chronic patient care including taking history, performing physicals, monitoring therapies, suturing wounds and giving injections and medications.
▪ Provide continuity of care. Respond to emergencies including use of CPR. Document patient information and care provided in patient record with consultation from other staff, as needed.
▪ Demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care/service appropriate to the age of the patient you serve.
▪ Initiate and participate in quality assurance and quality improvement activities based on the four components of quality: customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, process improvement, and financial impact.
▪ Communicate accurate and pertinent information with providers and other members of the care delivery team to facilitate effective and efficient patient care.
▪ Triage patient calls and evaluate patient problems. Educate patients and families as appropriate.
▪ Maintain strict patient confidentiality.