于是，在医院里，和病人用这些来自于古希腊语/拉丁语的医学术语和病人讲话，成了一种禁忌。我们作为医生，需要用病人听得懂的语言来和病人讲话，避免医学术语。很多病人甚至都不知道Hypertension是什么。你要用high blood pressure来问病人，他才会明白。下面我们列举一些常用的术语，应该怎么样把它们解释为病人听得懂的语言。
Constipation: Do you feel you open your bowel less frequent than it used to be?当然我们不应该用诱导性的语言，更正确的问法是”Is there any change in the frequency that you open your bowel?”
▪ Anorexia: How is your appetite? (down)
▪ Nausea: Do you feel any different in your stomach (urge to vomit)
▪ Amnesia: How is your sleep? (poor)
▪ Polyuria: Any change when you pee? (more frequent)
▪ Tachycardia: Any uncomfortable in your chest ? (heart racing).
▪ Dyspnea: Any difficult in your breath? (yes)
▪ Otalgia: do you feel any uncomfortable in your ear? (pain)
▪ Paresthesia: Any abnormal feeling in your limb? (numbness, needle pin)
▪ Dizzy: patient normally describe as “almost black out” or “room spinning around me”
▪ Tinnitus: patient describe as ringing in the ear
▪ Pyrexia: Are you running temperature at this moment?
▪ Epistaxis: Did you have any bleeding from your nose?
▪ Convulsion: Have you ever suffered from muscle contraction from all of your body?
▪ Acalculia: How good is you at numbers （但你通常需要自己检查，而不是让病人自述，因为通常办法痴呆）
▪ Acrophobia: Do you feel uncomfortable when you at high place? (fearfulness)
▪ Dysuria: Any pain when you pee?
▪ Hematuria: Any blood you saw when you pee?
▪ Diarrhea: Any change of your bowel habit? (more frequent)
▪ Diplopia: Do you seen any double vision when you look at an object?
▪ Dysmenorrhea: Do you have any pain when you are at your period?
▪ menorrhagia: How is your period (more than usual)
▪ Oligomenorrhea: How is your period (less than usual)
▪ Dyspareunia: Any uncomfortable of having sex?
▪ Palpitation: Any uncomfortable of your heart? (I can feel it is beating and the pace is not regular)